Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I'm not a prolific writer



Mention blogging, it's utility to a business, and my mind freezes up.

Do I really have much to say? It's not that I'm quiet mentally at all. I suppose I question whether anyone would really want to read anything I have to say. Nonetheless, I do occasionally like to write.

I am the mother of a little guy with a sensory processing disorder and wife of a beautifully talented, amazing man that is the quintessential absent-minded professor. Somehow, we manage to have a business together which is astonishing in and of itself. He is an interpreter the travels all over the world. I manage the administrative parts of his business, our personal lives and take care of our son, therapy and all. In my spare time, such as it is, I am also a fiber artist.

It is my therapy - just me, my fiber and anything PBS/BBC/ITV streaming via the Roku after everyone else has gone to bed.

I love the way my hands can work, produce and create while my mind wanders in and out of present awareness. In truth, it's probably the only time my mind is relatively quiet and centered.

And that wouldn't the case right now as my husband is excitedly cheering on the Giants and my son has his V-Tech "laptop" shoved up against me, asking me to help him with his "blog." What mother doesn't understand what I'm talking about right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment